Shuffling Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ShufflingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Shuffle
- (v.) In a shuffling manner.
- (a.) Moving with a dragging, scraping step.
- (a.) Evasive; as, a shuffling excuse.
• ShuffleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To remove or introduce by artificial confusion.
- (v. i.) To change the relative position of cards in a pack; as, to shuffle and cut.
- (v. t.) To mix by pushing or shoving; to confuse; to throw into disorder; especially, to change the relative positions of, as of the cards in a pack.
- (v. i.) To move in a slovenly, dragging manner; to drag or scrape the feet in walking or dancing.
- (n.) A trick; an artifice; an evasion.
- (v. i.) To use arts or expedients; to make shift.
- (v. t.) To shove one way and the other; to push from one to another; as, to shuffle money from hand to hand.
- (v. i.) To change ones position; to shift ground; to evade questions; to resort to equivocation; to prevaricate.
- (n.) The act of shuffling; a mixing confusedly; a slovenly, dragging motion.