Shunting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ShuntingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (vb. n.) Arbitrage conducted between certain local markets without the necessity of the exchange involved in foreign arbitrage.
- (vb. n.) Switching; as, shunting engine, yard, etc.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Shunt
• ShuntDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) A conducting circuit joining two points in a conductor, or the terminals of a galvanometer or dynamo, so as to form a parallel or derived circuit through which a portion of the current may pass, for the purpose of regulating the amount passing in the main circuit.
- (v. i.) To go aside; to turn off.
- (v. t.) To cause to move suddenly; to give a sudden start to; to shove.
- (v. t.) To shun; to move from.
- (v. t.) To turn off to one side; especially, to turn off, as a grain or a car upon a side track; to switch off; to shift.
- (v. t.) To provide with a shunt; as, to shunt a galvanometer.
- (v. t.) The shifting of the studs on a projectile from the deep to the shallow sides of the grooves in its discharge from a shunt gun.
- (v. t.) A turning off to a side or short track, that the principal track may be left free.