Shutter Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ShutterDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A mechanical device of various forms, attached to a camera for opening and closing to expose the plate.
- (n.) A movable cover or screen for a window, designed to shut out the light, to obstruct the view, or to be of some strength as a defense; a blind.
- (n.) A removable cover, or a gate, for closing an aperture of any kind, as for closing the passageway for molten iron from a ladle.
- (n.) One who shuts or closes.
• ShutteredDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Furnished with shutters.