Sighing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SighingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Sigh
- (a.) Uttering sighs; grieving; lamenting.
• SighDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) Hence, to lament; to grieve.
- (v. i.) To inhale a larger quantity of air than usual, and immediately expel it; to make a deep single audible respiration, especially as the result or involuntary expression of fatigue, exhaustion, grief, sorrow, or the like.
- (v. i.) To make a sound like sighing.
- (v. t.) To utter sighs over; to lament or mourn over.
- (v. i.) A deep and prolonged audible inspiration or respiration of air, as when fatigued or grieved; the act of sighing.
- (v. i.) Figuratively, a manifestation of grief; a lan/ent.
- (v. t.) To express by sighs; to utter in or with sighs.
- (v. t.) To exhale (the breath) in sighs.