Silk Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SilkDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) That which resembles silk, as the filiform styles of the female flower of maize.
- (n.) Hence, thread spun, or cloth woven, from the above-named material.
- (n.) The fine, soft thread produced by various species of caterpillars in forming the cocoons within which the worm is inclosed during the pupa state, especially that produced by the larvae of Bombyx mori.
• SilkenDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Fig.: Soft; delicate; tender; smooth; as, silken language.
- (v. t.) To render silken or silklike.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to silk; made of, or resembling, silk; as, silken cloth; a silken veil.
- (a.) Dressed in silk.
• SilkinessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The quality or state of being silky or silken; softness and smoothness.
- (n.) Fig.: Effeminacy; weakness.