Simple Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SimpleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Homogenous.
- (a.) A feast which is not a double or a semidouble.
- (a.) A medicinal plant; -- so called because each vegetable was supposed to possess its particular virtue, and therefore to constitute a simple remedy.
- (a.) Without subdivisions; entire; as, a simple stem; a simple leaf.
- (a.) Not capable of being decomposed into anything more simple or ultimate by any means at present known; elementary; thus, atoms are regarded as simple bodies. Cf. Ultimate, a.
- (a.) Plain; unadorned; as, simple dress.
- (a.) A part of the apparatus for raising the heddles of a drawloom.
- (a.) Mere; not other than; being only.
- (a.) Consisting of a single individual or zooid; as, a simple ascidian; -- opposed to compound.
- (a.) Artless in manner; unaffected; unconstrained; natural; inartificial;; straightforward.
- (a.) Not luxurious; without much variety; plain; as, a simple diet; a simple way of living.
- (a.) Weak in intellect; not wise or sagacious; of but moderate understanding or attainments; hence, foolish; silly.
- (a.) A drawloom.
- (a.) Single; not complex; not infolded or entangled; uncombined; not compounded; not blended with something else; not complicated; as, a simple substance; a simple idea; a simple sound; a simple machine; a simple problem; simple tasks.
- (a.) Something not mixed or compounded.
- (a.) Direct; clear; intelligible; not abstruse or enigmatical; as, a simple statement; simple language.
- (a.) Not given to artifice, stratagem, or duplicity; undesigning; sincere; true.
- (a.) Humble; lowly; undistinguished.
- (v. i.) To gather simples, or medicinal plants.
• SimpletonDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A person of weak intellect; a silly person.