Singling Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SinglingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Single
• SingleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Not deceitful or artful; honest; sincere.
- (a.) Performed by one person, or one on each side; as, a single combat.
- (v. t.) To take alone, or one by one.
- (n.) A hit by a batter which enables him to reach first base only.
- (v. t.) To select, as an individual person or thing, from among a number; to choose out from others; to separate.
- (a.) Alone; having no companion.
- (n.) A unit; one; as, to score a single.
- (a.) Not doubled, twisted together, or combined with others; as, a single thread; a single strand of a rope.
- (n.) A handful of gleaned grain.
- (a.) Uncompounded; pure; unmixed.
- (n.) A game with but one player on each side; -- usually in the plural.
- (v. t.) To sequester; to withdraw; to retire.
- (a.) One only, as distinguished from more than one; consisting of one alone; individual; separate; as, a single star.
- (a.) Hence, unmarried; as, a single man or woman.
- (n.) The reeled filaments of silk, twisted without doubling to give them firmness.
- (a.) Simple; not wise; weak; silly.
- (v. i.) To take the irrregular gait called single-foot;- said of a horse. See Single-foot.