Skew Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SkewDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To start aside; to shy, as a horse.
- (n.) A stone at the foot of the slope of a gable, the offset of a buttress, or the like, cut with a sloping surface and with a check to receive the coping stones and retain them in place.
- (adv.) Awry; obliquely; askew.
- (v. i.) To look obliquely; to squint; hence, to look slightingly or suspiciously.
- (a.) Turned or twisted to one side; situated obliquely; skewed; -- chiefly used in technical phrases.
- (v. i.) To walk obliquely; to go sidling; to lie or move obliquely.
- (adv.) To shape or form in an oblique way; to cause to take an oblique position.
- (adv.) To throw or hurl obliquely.
• SkewedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Skew
• SkewerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A pin of wood or metal for fastening meat to a spit, or for keeping it in form while roasting.
- (v. t.) To fasten with skewers.