Skip Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SkipDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A beehive; a skep.
- (n.) An iron bucket, which slides between guides, for hoisting mineral and rock.
- (n.) A passage from one sound to another by more than a degree at once.
- (v. t.) To cause to skip; as, to skip a stone.
- (n.) A light leap or bound.
- (v. t.) To leap lightly over; as, to skip the rope.
- (n.) The act of passing over an interval from one thing to another; an omission of a part.
- (n.) A basket. See Skep.
- (n.) A charge of sirup in the pans.
- (v. t.) To pass over or by without notice; to omit; to miss; as, to skip a line in reading; to skip a lesson.
- (v. i.) Fig.: To leave matters unnoticed, as in reading, speaking, or writing; to pass by, or overlook, portions of a thing; -- often followed by over.
- (v. i.) To leap lightly; to move in leaps and hounds; -- commonly implying a sportive spirit.
- (n.) A basket on wheels, used in cotton factories.
• SkippetDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A small round box for keeping records.
- (n.) A small boat; a skiff.