Slackened Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SlackenedDefinition & Meaning in English
- () of Slacken
• SlackenDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To cause to become less intense; to mitigate; to abate; to ease.
- (a.) To be remiss or backward; to be negligent.
- (a.) To languish; to fail; to flag.
- (a.) To lose rapidity; to become more slow; as, a current of water slackens.
- (v. t.) To render slack; to make less tense or firm; as, to slack a rope; to slacken a bandage.
- (n.) A spongy, semivitrifled substance which miners or smelters mix with the ores of metals to prevent their fusion.
- (v. t.) To cause to become less eager; to repress; to make slow or less rapid; to retard; as, to slacken pursuit; to slacken industry.
- (v. t.) To deprive of cohesion by combining chemically with water; to slake; as, to slack lime.
- (a.) To end; to cease; to desist; to slake.
- (a.) To lose cohesion or solidity by a chemical combination with water; to slake; as, lime slacks.
- (a.) To abate; to become less violent.
- (a.) To become slack; to be made less tense, firm, or rigid; to decrease in tension; as, a wet cord slackens in dry weather.
- (v. t.) To neglect; to be remiss in.