Slender Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SlenderDefinition & Meaning in English
- (superl.) Small; inadequate; meager; pitiful; as, slender means of support; a slender pittance.
- (superl.) Spare; abstemious; frugal; as, a slender diet.
- (superl.) Uttered with a thin tone; -- the opposite of broad; as, the slender vowels long e and i.
- (superl.) Weak; feeble; not strong; slight; as, slender hope; a slender constitution.
- (superl.) Moderate; trivial; inconsiderable; slight; as, a man of slender intelligence.
- (superl.) Small or narrow in proportion to the length or the height; not thick; slim; as, a slender stem or stalk of a plant.