Slicing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SlicingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Slice
• SliceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To hit (the ball) so that the face of the club draws across the face of the ball and deflects it.
- (v. t.) A removable sliding bottom to galley.
- (v. t.) One of the wedges by which the cradle and the ship are lifted clear of the building blocks to prepare for launching.
- (v. t.) A knife with a thin, broad blade for taking up or serving fish; also, a spatula for spreading anything, as paint or ink.
- (v. t.) To cut into parts; to divide.
- (v. t.) A salver, platter, or tray.
- (v. t.) To clear by means of a slice bar, as a fire or the grate bars of a furnace.
- (v. t.) To cut into thin pieces, or to cut off a thin, broad piece from.
- (v. t.) A thin, broad piece cut off; as, a slice of bacon; a slice of cheese; a slice of bread.
- (v. t.) A broad, thin piece of plaster.
- (v. t.) That which is thin and broad, like a slice.
- (v. t.) A plate of iron with a handle, forming a kind of chisel, or a spadelike implement, variously proportioned, and used for various purposes, as for stripping the planking from a vessels side, for cutting blubber from a whale, or for stirring a fire of coals; a slice bar; a peel; a fire shovel.