Slighted Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SlightedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Slight
• SlightDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Sleight.
- (superl.) Not decidedly marked; not forcible; inconsiderable; unimportant; insignificant; not severe; weak; gentle; -- applied in a great variety of circumstances; as, a slight (i. e., feeble) effort; a slight (i. e., perishable) structure; a slight (i. e., not deep) impression; a slight (i. e., not convincing) argument; a slight (i. e., not thorough) examination; slight (i. e., not severe) pain, and the like.
- (superl.) Foolish; silly; weak in intellect.
- (n.) The act of slighting; the manifestation of a moderate degree of contempt, as by neglect or oversight; neglect; indignity.
- (v. t.) To make even or level.
- (v. t.) To overthrow; to demolish.
- (v. t.) To disregard, as of little value and unworthy of notice; to make light of; as, to slight the divine commands.
- (v. t.) To throw heedlessly.
- (superl.) Not stout or heavy; slender.
- (adv.) Slightly.