Smear Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SmearDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A fat, oily substance; oinment.
- (n.) Hence, a spot made by, or as by, an unctuous or adhesive substance; a blot or blotch; a daub; a stain.
- (n.) To soil in any way; to contaminate; to pollute; to stain morally; as, to be smeared with infamy.
- (n.) To overspread with anything unctuous, viscous, or adhesive; to daub; as, to smear anything with oil.
• SmearedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Having the color mark ings ill defined, as if rubbed; as, the smeared dagger moth (Apatela oblinita).
- (imp. & p. p.) of Smear