Smiling Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SmilingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Smile
• SmileDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) Favor; countenance; propitiousness; as, the smiles of Providence.
- (v. t.) To affect in a certain way with a smile.
- (v. i.) To look gay and joyous; to have an appearance suited to excite joy; as, smiling spring; smiling plenty.
- (v. i.) The act of smiling; a peculiar change or brightening of the face, which expresses pleasure, moderate joy, mirth, approbation, or kindness; -- opposed to frown.
- (v. i.) Gay or joyous appearance; as, the smiles of spring.
- (v. i.) To be propitious or favorable; to favor; to countenance; -- often with on; as, to smile on ones labors.
- (v. t.) To express by a smile; as, to smile consent; to smile a welcome to visitors.
- (v. i.) To express amusement, pleasure, moderate joy, or love and kindness, by the features of the face; to laugh silently.
- (v. i.) To express slight contempt by a look implying sarcasm or pity; to sneer.
- (v. i.) A somewhat similar expression of countenance, indicative of satisfaction combined with malevolent feelings, as contempt, scorn, etc; as, a scornful smile.
• SmilinglyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a smiling manner.
• SmilingnessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Quality or state of being smiling.