Smite Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SmiteDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To strike; to inflict a blow upon with the hand, or with any instrument held in the hand, or with a missile thrown by the hand; as, to smite with the fist, with a rod, sword, spear, or stone.
- (v. t.) To put to rout in battle; to overthrow by war.
- (n.) The act of smiting; a blow.
- (v. t.) To cause to strike; to use as an instrument in striking or hurling.
- (v. t.) To blast; to destroy the life or vigor of, as by a stroke or by some visitation.
- (v. t.) To destroy the life of by beating, or by weapons of any kind; to slay by a blow; to kill; as, to smite one with the sword, or with an arrow or other instrument.
- (v. t.) To strike or affect with passion, as love or fear.
- (v. t.) To afflict; to chasten; to punish.
- (v. i.) To strike; to collide; to beat.
• SmiterDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who smites.