Solvent Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SolventDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Having the power of dissolving; dissolving; as, a solvent fluid.
- (a.) Able or sufficient to pay all just debts; as, a solvent merchant; the estate is solvent.
- (n.) A substance (usually liquid) suitable for, or employed in, solution, or in dissolving something; as, water is the appropriate solvent of most salts, alcohol of resins, ether of fats, and mercury or acids of metals, etc.
- (n.) That which resolves; as, a solvent of mystery.