Sophist Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SophistDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Hence, an impostor in argument; a captious or fallacious reasoner.
- (n.) One of a class of men who taught eloquence, philosophy, and politics in ancient Greece; especially, one of those who, by their fallacious but plausible reasoning, puzzled inquirers after truth, weakened the faith of the people, and drew upon themselves general hatred and contempt.
• SophisticatingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Sophisticate