Sorting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SortingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Sort
• SortDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To reduce to order from a confused state.
- (v. t.) To choose from a number; to select; to cull.
- (n.) A kind or species; any number or collection of individual persons or things characterized by the same or like qualities; a class or order; as, a sort of men; a sort of horses; a sort of trees; a sort of poems.
- (v. t.) To conjoin; to put together in distribution; to class.
- (n.) A pair; a set; a suit.
- (n.) Condition above the vulgar; rank.
- (v. t.) To separate, and place in distinct classes or divisions, as things having different qualities; as, to sort cloths according to their colors; to sort wool or thread according to its fineness.
- (v. t.) To conform; to adapt; to accommodate.
- (n.) A chance group; a company of persons who happen to be together; a troop; also, an assemblage of animals.
- (v. i.) To join or associate with others, esp. with others of the same kind or species; to agree.
- (n.) Manner; form of being or acting.
- (v. i.) To suit; to fit; to be in accord; to harmonize.
- (n.) Letters, figures, points, marks, spaces, or quadrats, belonging to a case, separately considered.
- (n.) Chance; lot; destiny.