Souring Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SouringDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Sour
- (n.) Any sour apple.
• SourDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To cause or permit to become harsh or unkindly.
- (superl.) Having an acid or sharp, biting taste, like vinegar, and the juices of most unripe fruits; acid; tart.
- (v. t.) To macerate, and render fit for plaster or mortar; as, to sour lime for business purposes.
- (superl.) Changed, as by keeping, so as to be acid, rancid, or musty, turned.
- (v. t.) To cause to become sour; to cause to turn from sweet to sour; as, exposure to the air sours many substances.
- (superl.) Disagreeable; unpleasant; hence; cross; crabbed; peevish; morose; as, a man of a sour temper; a sour reply.
- (v. i.) To become sour; to turn from sweet to sour; as, milk soon sours in hot weather; a kind temper sometimes sours in adversity.
- (superl.) Cold and unproductive; as, sour land; a sour marsh.
- (superl.) Afflictive; painful.
- (n.) A sour or acid substance; whatever produces a painful effect.
- (v. t.) To make unhappy, uneasy, or less agreeable.
- (v. t.) To make cold and unproductive, as soil.