Spar Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SparDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To To supply or equip with spars, as a vessel.
- (v. t.) Formerly, a piece of timber, in a general sense; -- still applied locally to rafters.
- (n.) A contest at sparring or boxing.
- (n.) A movement of offense or defense in boxing.
- (v. i.) To contest in words; to wrangle.
- (n.) An old name for a nonmetallic mineral, usually cleavable and somewhat lustrous; as, calc spar, or calcite, fluor spar, etc. It was especially used in the case of the gangue minerals of a metalliferous vein.
- (v. t.) The bar of a gate or door.
- (v. i.) To use the fists and arms scientifically in attack or defense; to contend or combat with the fists, as for exercise or amusement; to box.
- (v. t.) To bolt; to bar.
- (v. i.) To strike with the feet or spurs, as cocks do.
- (v. t.) A general term any round piece of timber used as a mast, yard, boom, or gaff.
• SparadrapDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Any adhesive plaster.
- (n.) A cerecloth.