Specific Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SpecificDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Exerting a peculiar influence over any part of the body; preventing or curing disease by a peculiar adaption, and not on general principles; as, quinine is a specific medicine in cases of malaria.
- (a.) Anything having peculiar adaption to the purpose to which it is applied.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a species; characterizing or constituting a species; possessing the peculiar property or properties of a thing which constitute its species, and distinguish it from other things; as, the specific form of an animal or a plant; the specific qualities of a drug; the specific distinction between virtue and vice.
- (n.) A specific remedy. See Specific, a., 3.
- (a.) Specifying; definite, or making definite; limited; precise; discriminating; as, a specific statement.
• SpecificalnessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The quality of being specific.