Spindled Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SpindledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Spindle
• SpindleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A long and slender stalk resembling a spindle.
- (n.) A yarn measure containing, in cotton yarn, 15,120 yards; in linen yarn, 14,400 yards.
- (v. i.) To shoot or grow into a long, slender stalk or body; to become disproportionately tall and slender.
- (n.) The vertical rod on which the runner of a grinding mill turns.
- (n.) A solid generated by the revolution of a curved line about its base or double ordinate or chord.
- (n.) The long, round, slender rod or pin in spinning wheels by which the thread is twisted, and on which, when twisted, it is wound; also, the pin on which the bobbin is held in a spinning machine, or in the shuttle of a loom.
- (n.) A slender rod or pin on which anything turns; an axis; as, the spindle of a vane.
- (n.) A shaft or pipe on which a core of sand is formed.
- (n.) The shaft, mandrel, or arbor, in a machine tool, as a lathe or drilling machine, etc., which causes the work to revolve, or carries a tool or center, etc.
- (n.) Any marine gastropod of the genus Fusus.
- (n.) Any marine univalve shell of the genus Rostellaria; -- called also spindle stromb.
- (n.) The fusee of a watch.