Spire Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SpireDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To shoot forth, or up in, or as if in, a spire.
- (n.) A slender stalk or blade in vegetation; as, a spire grass or of wheat.
- (n.) A spiral; a curl; a whorl; a twist.
- (n.) A tube or fuse for communicating fire to the chargen in blasting.
- (n.) The top, or uppermost point, of anything; the summit.
- (n.) A tapering body that shoots up or out to a point in a conical or pyramidal form. Specifically (Arch.), the roof of a tower when of a pyramidal form and high in proportion to its width; also, the pyramidal or aspiring termination of a tower which can not be said to have a roof, such as that of Strasburg cathedral; the tapering part of a steeple, or the steeple itself.
- (v. i.) To breathe.
- (n.) The part of a spiral generated in one revolution of the straight line about the pole. See Spiral, n.
• SpiredDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Having a spire; being in the form of a spire; as, a spired steeple.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Spire