Springe Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SpringeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) A noose fastened to an elastic body, and drawn close with a sudden spring, whereby it catches a bird or other animal; a gin; a snare.
- (v. t.) To catch in a springe; to insnare.
- (v. t.) To sprinkle; to scatter.
• SpringerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The impost, or point at which an arch rests upon its support, and from which it seems to spring.
- (n.) The rib of a groined vault, as being the solid abutment for each section of vaulting.
- (n.) The grampus.
- (n.) A variety of the field spaniel. See Spaniel.
- (n.) One who, or that which, springs; specifically, one who rouses game.
- (n.) A young plant.
- (n.) A species of antelope; the sprinkbok.
- (n.) The bottom stone of an arch, which lies on the impost. The skew back is one form of springer.