Sputter Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SputterDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Moist matter thrown out in small detached particles; also, confused and hasty speech.
- (v. i.) To throw out anything, as little jets of steam, with a noise like that made by one sputtering.
- (v. t.) To spit out hastily by quick, successive efforts, with a spluttering sound; to utter hastily and confusedly, without control over the organs of speech.
- (v. i.) To spit, or to emit saliva from the mouth in small, scattered portions, as in rapid speaking.
- (v. i.) To utter words hastily and indistinctly; to speak so rapidly as to emit saliva.
• SputtererDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who sputters.