Squinting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SquintingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Squint
- () a. & n. from Squint, v.
• SquintDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To have an indirect bearing, reference, or implication; to have an allusion to, or inclination towards, something.
- (v. t.) To cause to look with noncoincident optic axes.
- (v. i.) To deviate from a true line; to run obliquely.
- (v. i.) To have the axes of the eyes not coincident; -- to be cross-eyed.
- (n.) The act or habit of squinting.
- (a.) Looking obliquely. Specifically (Med.), not having the optic axes coincident; -- said of the eyes. See Squint, n., 2.
- (v. t.) To turn to an oblique position; to direct obliquely; as, to squint an eye.
- (n.) A want of coincidence of the axes of the eyes; strabismus.
- (n.) Fig.: Looking askance.
- (v. i.) To see or look obliquely, asquint, or awry, or with a furtive glance.
- (n.) Same as Hagioscope.