Stage Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• StageDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One of several marked phases or periods in the development and growth of many animals and plants; as, the larval stage; pupa stage; zoea stage.
- (n.) The platform of a microscope, upon which an object is placed to be viewed. See Illust. of Microscope.
- (n.) The floor for scenic performances; hence, the theater; the playhouse; hence, also, the profession of representing dramatic compositions; the drama, as acted or exhibited.
- (n.) A place where anything is publicly exhibited; the scene of any noted action or carrer; the spot where any remarkable affair occurs.
- (n.) A large vehicle running from station to station for the accomodation of the public; a stagecoach; an omnibus.
- (n.) A floor or story of a house.
- (n.) An elevated platform on which an orator may speak, a play be performed, an exhibition be presented, or the like.
- (v. t.) To exhibit upon a stage, or as upon a stage; to display publicly.
- (n.) A place of rest on a regularly traveled road; a stage house; a station; a place appointed for a relay of horses.
- (n.) A degree of advancement in any pursuit, or of progress toward an end or result.
- (n.) A floor elevated for the convenience of mechanical work, or the like; a scaffold; a staging.
- (n.) A degree of advancement in a journey; one of several portions into which a road or course is marked off; the distance between two places of rest on a road; as, a stage of ten miles.
- (n.) A platform, often floating, serving as a kind of wharf.
• Stage directorDefinition & Meaning in English
- () One who prepares a play for production. He arranges the details of the stage settings, the business to be used, all stage effects, and instructs the actors, excepting usually the star, in the general interpretation of their parts.
• StagerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A horse used in drawing a stage.
- (n.) One who has long acted on the stage of life; a practitioner; a person of experience, or of skill derived from long experience.
- (n.) A player.