Steep Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SteepDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) Making a large angle with the plane of the horizon; ascending or descending rapidly with respect to a horizontal line or a level; precipitous; as, a steep hill or mountain; a steep roof; a steep ascent; a steep declivity; a steep barometric gradient.
- (v. t.) To soak in a liquid; to macerate; to extract the essence of by soaking; as, to soften seed by steeping it in water. Often used figuratively.
- (v. t.) Difficult of access; not easy reached; lofty; elevated; high.
- (v. i.) To undergo the process of soaking in a liquid; as, the tea is steeping.
- (n.) Something steeped, or used in steeping; a fertilizing liquid to hasten the germination of seeds.
- (v. t.) Excessive; as, a steep price.
- (a.) Bright; glittering; fiery.
- (n.) A precipitous place, hill, mountain, rock, or ascent; any elevated object sloping with a large angle to the plane of the horizon; a precipice.
- (n.) A rennet bag.
• Steep-downDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Deep and precipitous, having steep descent.