Stickle Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• StickleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To intervene in; to stop, or put an end to, by intervening; hence, to arbitrate.
- (v. i.) To play fast and loose; to pass from one side to the other; to trim.
- (v. i.) To separate combatants by intervening.
- (v. t.) To separate, as combatants; hence, to quiet, to appease, as disputants.
- (v. i.) To contend, contest, or altercate, esp. in a pertinacious manner on insufficient grounds.
- (v. t. & i.) A shallow rapid in a river; also, the current below a waterfall.
• StickledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Stickle