Stool Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• StoolDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A bishops seat or see; a bishop-stool.
- (v. i.) To ramfy; to tiller, as grain; to shoot out suckers.
- (n.) A single seat with three or four legs and without a back, made in various forms for various uses.
- (n.) Material, such as oyster shells, spread on the sea bottom for oyster spat to adhere to.
- (n.) A stool pigeon, or decoy bird.
- (n.) A plant from which layers are propagated by bending its branches into the soil.
- (n.) A seat used in evacuating the bowels; hence, an evacuation; a discharge from the bowels.
- (n.) A small channel on the side of a vessel, for the dead-eyes of the backstays.
- (n.) A bench or form for resting the feet or the knees; a footstool; as, a kneeling stool.
• StoolballDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A kind of game with balls, formerly common in England, esp. with young women.