Stooped Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• StoopedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Stoop
• StoopDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A vessel of liquor; a flagon.
- (v. t.) To cause to submit; to prostrate.
- (v. t.) To bend forward and downward; to bow down; as, to stoop the body.
- (v. i.) To come down as a hawk does on its prey; to pounce; to souse; to swoop.
- (v. i.) To yield; to submit; to bend, as by compulsion; to assume a position of humility or subjection.
- (n.) A post fixed in the earth.
- (n.) Originally, a covered porch with seats, at a house door; the Dutch stoep as introduced by the Dutch into New York. Afterward, an out-of-door flight of stairs of from seven to fourteen steps, with platform and parapets, leading to an entrance door some distance above the street; the French perron. Hence, any porch, platform, entrance stairway, or small veranda, at a house door.
- (n.) The fall of a bird on its prey; a swoop.
- (v. i.) To sink when on the wing; to alight.
- (v. t.) To cause to incline downward; to slant; as, to stoop a cask of liquor.
- (n.) The act of stooping, or bending the body forward; inclination forward; also, an habitual bend of the back and shoulders.
- (v. i.) To descend from rank or dignity; to condescend.
- (v. t.) To degrade.
- (v. i.) To bend the upper part of the body downward and forward; to bend or lean forward; to incline forward in standing or walking; to assume habitually a bent position.
- (n.) Descent, as from dignity or superiority; condescension; an act or position of humiliation.