Stories Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• StoriesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Story
• StoryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A narration or recital of that which has occurred; a description of past events; a history; a statement; a record.
- (v. t.) A set of rooms on the same floor or level; a floor, or the space between two floors. Also, a horizontal division of a buildings exterior considered architecturally, which need not correspond exactly with the stories within.
- (v. t.) To tell in historical relation; to make the subject of a story; to narrate or describe in story.
- (n.) The relation of an incident or minor event; a short narrative; a tale; especially, a fictitious narrative less elaborate than a novel; a short romance.
- (n.) A euphemism or childs word for "a lie;" a fib; as, to tell a story.