Stranger Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• StrangerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who is unknown or unacquainted; as, the gentleman is a stranger to me; hence, one not admitted to communication, fellowship, or acquaintance.
- (v. t.) To estrange; to alienate.
- (n.) One who is strange, foreign, or unknown.
- (n.) One not belonging to the family or household; a guest; a visitor.
- (n.) One who comes from a foreign land; a foreigner.
- (n.) One whose home is at a distance from the place where he is, but in the same country.
- (n.) One not privy or party an act, contract, or title; a mere intruder or intermeddler; one who interferes without right; as, actual possession of land gives a good title against a stranger having no title; as to strangers, a mortgage is considered merely as a pledge; a mere stranger to the levy.