Strap Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• StrapDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A band, plate, or loop of metal for clasping and holding timbers or parts of a machine.
- (n.) A piece of rope or metal passing around a block and used for fastening it to anything.
- (n.) A piece of leather, or strip of wood covered with a suitable material, for sharpening a razor; a strop.
- (v. t.) To beat or chastise with a strap.
- (n.) Something made of such a strip, or of a part of one, or a combination of two or more for a particular use; as, a boot strap, shawl strap, stirrup strap.
- (n.) A shoulder strap. See under Shoulder.
- (n.) A narrow strip of anything, as of iron or brass.
- (v. t.) To fasten or bind with a strap.
- (n.) A long, narrow, pliable strip of leather, cloth, or the like; specifically, a strip of thick leather used in flogging.
- (n.) The flat part of the corolla in ligulate florets, as those of the white circle in the daisy.
- (v. t.) To sharpen by rubbing on a strap, or strop; as, to strap a razor.
- (n.) The leaf, exclusive of its sheath, in some grasses.
• StrappadoesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Strappado
• StrapworkDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A kind of ornament consisting of a narrow fillet or band folded, crossed, and interlaced.