Straying Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• StrayingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Stray
• StrayDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of wandering or going astray.
- (a.) Figuratively, to wander from the path of duty or rectitude; to err.
- (v. i.) Having gone astray; strayed; wandering; as, a strayhorse or sheep.
- (a.) To wander, as from a direct course; to deviate, or go out of the way.
- (v. t.) To cause to stray.
- (n.) Any domestic animal that has an inclosure, or its proper place and company, and wanders at large, or is lost; an estray. Used also figuratively.
- (a.) To wander from company, or from the proper limits; to rove at large; to roam; to go astray.