Strict Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• StrictDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Rigidly; interpreted; exactly limited; confined; restricted; as, to understand words in a strict sense.
- (a.) Tense; not relaxed; as, a strict fiber.
- (a.) Upright, or straight and narrow; -- said of the shape of the plants or their flower clusters.
- (a.) Strained; drawn close; tight; as, a strict embrace; a strict ligature.
- (a.) Governed or governing by exact rules; observing exact rules; severe; rigorous; as, very strict in observing the Sabbath.
- (a.) Exact; accurate; precise; rigorously nice; as, to keep strict watch; to pay strict attention.
• StrictnessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Quality or state of being strict.