Stub Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• StubDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A part of a leaf in a check book, after a check is torn out, on which the number, amount, and destination of the check are usually recorded.
- (n.) A log; a block; a blockhead.
- (v. t.) To strike as the toes, against a stub, stone, or other fixed object.
- (n.) The short blunt part of anything after larger part has been broken off or used up; hence, anything short and thick; as, the stub of a pencil, candle, or cigar.
- (n.) A pen with a short, blunt nib.
- (n.) A stub nail; an old horseshoe nail; also, stub iron.
- (n.) The stump of a tree; that part of a tree or plant which remains fixed in the earth when the stem is cut down; -- applied especially to the stump of a small tree, or shrub.
- (v. t.) To remove stubs from; as, to stub land.
- (v. t.) To grub up by the roots; to extirpate; as, to stub up edible roots.
• StubbedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Reduced to a stub; short and thick, like something truncated; blunt; obtuse.
- (a.) Not nice or delicate; hardy; rugged.
- (a.) Abounding in stubs; stubby.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Stub