Subcontrary Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SubcontraryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Having, or being in, a contrary order; -- said of a section of an oblique cone having a circular base made by a plane not parallel to the base, but so inclined to the axis that the section is a circle; applied also to two similar triangles when so placed as to have a common angle at the vertex, the opposite sides not being parallel.
- (n.) A subcontrary proposition; a proposition inferior or contrary in a lower degree.
- (a.) Denoting the relation of opposition between the particular affirmative and particular negative. Of these both may be true and only one can be false.
- (a.) Contrary in an inferior degree.