Supposing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SupposingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Suppose
• SupposeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To represent to ones self, or state to another, not as true or real, but as if so, and with a view to some consequence or application which the reality would involve or admit of; to imagine or admit to exist, for the sake of argument or illustration; to assume to be true; as, let us suppose the earth to be the center of the system, what would be the result?
- (n.) Supposition.
- (v. t.) To put by fraud in the place of another.
- (v. t.) To imagine; to believe; to receive as true.
- (v. t.) To require to exist or to be true; to imply by the laws of thought or of nature; as, purpose supposes foresight.
- (v. i.) To make supposition; to think; to be of opinion.