Surf Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SurfDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The swell of the sea which breaks upon the shore, esp. upon a sloping beach.
- (n.) The bottom of a drain.
• SurfaceDefinition & Meaning in English
- () A small plane or surface, usually capable of adjustment but not of manipulation, for preserving lateral balance in an aeroplane or flying machine.
- (n.) That part of the side which is terminated by the flank prolonged, and the angle of the nearest bastion.
- (n.) A magnitude that has length and breadth without thickness; superficies; as, a plane surface; a spherical surface.
- (n.) The exterior part of anything that has length and breadth; one of the limits that bound a solid, esp. the upper face; superficies; the outside; as, the surface of the earth; the surface of a diamond; the surface of the body.
- (n.) Hence, outward or external appearance.
- (v. t.) To give a surface to; especially, to cause to have a smooth or plain surface; to make smooth or plain.
- (v. t.) To work over the surface or soil of, as ground, in hunting for gold.
• SurfelDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) Alt. of Surfle