Surrogate Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SurrogateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The deputy of an ecclesiastical judge, most commonly of a bishop or his chancellor, especially a deputy who grants marriage licenses.
- (v. t.) To put in the place of another; to substitute.
- (n.) In some States of the United States, an officer who presides over the probate of wills and testaments and yield the settlement of estates.
- (n.) A deputy; a delegate; a substitute.
• SurrogateshipDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The office of a surrogate.