Surrounded Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SurroundedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Surround
• SurroundDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To lie or be on all sides of; to encircle; as, a wall surrounds the city.
- (v. t.) To inclose, as a body of troops, between hostile forces, so as to cut off means of communication or retreat; to invest, as a city.
- (v. t.) To pass around; to travel about; to circumnavigate; as, to surround the world.
- (v. t.) To inclose on all sides; to encompass; to environ.
- (n.) A method of hunting some animals, as the buffalo, by surrounding a herd, and driving them over a precipice, into a ravine, etc.