Surveyed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SurveyedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Survey
• SurveyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To view with a scrutinizing eye; to examine.
- (n.) The act of surveying; a general view, as from above.
- (n.) The operation of finding the contour, dimensions, position, or other particulars of, as any part of the earths surface, whether land or water; also, a measured plan and description of any portion of country, or of a road or line through it.
- (v. t.) To inspect, or take a view of; to view with attention, as from a high place; to overlook; as, to stand on a hill, and survey the surrounding country.
- (v. t.) To examine and ascertain, as the boundaries and royalties of a manor, the tenure of the tenants, and the rent and value of the same.
- (v. t.) To determine the form, extent, position, etc., of, as a tract of land, a coast, harbor, or the like, by means of linear and angular measurments, and the application of the principles of geometry and trigonometry; as, to survey land or a coast.
- (n.) A particular view; an examination, especially an official examination, of all the parts or particulars of a thing, with a design to ascertain the condition, quantity, or quality; as, a survey of the stores of a ship; a survey of roads and bridges; a survey of buildings.
- (v. t.) To examine with reference to condition, situation, value, etc.; to examine and ascertain the state of; as, to survey a building in order to determine its value and exposure to loss by fire.