Suspense Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SuspenseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) The state of being suspended; specifically, a state of uncertainty and expectation, with anxiety or apprehension; indetermination; indecision; as, the suspense of a person waiting for the verdict of a jury.
- (a.) Cessation for a time; stop; pause.
- (a.) Held or lifted up; held or prevented from proceeding.
- (a.) A temporary cessation of ones right; suspension, as when the rent or other profits of land cease by unity of possession of land and rent.
- (a.) Expressing, or proceeding from, suspense or doubt.
• SuspenselyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In suspense.