Swaged Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SwagedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Swage
• SwagDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A tramping bushmans luggage, rolled up either in canvas or in a blanket so as to form a long bundle, and carried on the back or over the shoulder; -- called also a bluey, or a drum.
- (n.) Any bundle of luggage similarly rolled up; hence, luggage in general.
- (v. i.) To tramp carrying a swag.
- (v. i.) To sink down by its weight; to sag.
- (n.) A swaying, irregular motion.
- (n.) A burglars or thiefs booty; boodle.
- (v. i.) To hang or move, as something loose and heavy; to sway; to swing.
• SwageDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A tool, variously shaped or grooved on the end or face, used by blacksmiths and other workers in metals, for shaping their work, whether sheet metal or forging, by holding the swage upon the work, or the work upon the swage, and striking with a sledge.
- (v. t. & i.) See Assuage.
- (v. t.) To shape by means of a swage; to fashion, as a piece of iron, by forcing it into a groove or mold having the required shape.