Swamped Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SwampedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Swamp
• SwampDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) Fig.: To plunge into difficulties and perils; to overwhelm; to ruin; to wreck.
- (v. t.) To plunge or sink into a swamp.
- (v. t.) To cause (a boat) to become filled with water; to capsize or sink by whelming with water.
- (v. i.) To become filled with water, as a boat; to founder; to capsize or sink; figuratively, to be ruined; to be wrecked.
- (n.) Wet, spongy land; soft, low ground saturated with water, but not usually covered with it; marshy ground away from the seashore.
- (v. i.) To sink or stick in a swamp; figuratively, to become involved in insuperable difficulties.