Swinged Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SwingedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Swinge
• SwingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) To be hanged.
- (n.) Free course; unrestrained liberty or license; tendency.
- (v. t.) To cause to swing or vibrate; to cause to move backward and forward, or from one side to the other.
- (n.) Capacity of a turning lathe, as determined by the diameter of the largest object that can be turned in it.
- (v. t.) To give a circular movement to; to whirl; to brandish; as, to swing a sword; to swing a club; hence, colloquially, to manage; as, to swing a business.
- (n.) Influence of power of a body put in swaying motion.
- (v. i.) To move to and fro, as a body suspended in the air; to wave; to vibrate; to oscillate.
- (n.) Swaying motion from one side or direction to the other; as, some men walk with a swing.
- (v. i.) To use a swing; as, a boy swings for exercise or pleasure. See Swing, n., 3.
- (n.) To turn round by action of wind or tide when at anchor; as, a ship swings with the tide.
- (n.) The act of swinging; a waving, oscillating, or vibratory motion of a hanging or pivoted object; oscillation; as, the swing of a pendulum.
- (v. t.) To admit or turn (anything) for the purpose of shaping it; -- said of a lathe; as, the lathe can swing a pulley of 12 inches diameter.
- (n.) A line, cord, or other thing suspended and hanging loose, upon which anything may swing; especially, an apparatus for recreation by swinging, commonly consisting of a rope, the two ends of which are attached overhead, as to the bough of a tree, a seat being placed in the loop at the bottom; also, any contrivance by which a similar motion is produced for amusement or exercise.
- (v. i.) To sway or move from one side or direction to another; as, the door swung open.
• SwingeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. & n.) See Singe.
- (n.) Power; sway; influence.
- (n.) The sweep of anything in motion; a swinging blow; a swing.
- (v. t.) To beat soundly; to whip; to chastise; to punish.
- (v. t.) To move as a lash; to lash.