Swingling Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SwinglingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Swingle
- () a. & n. from Swingle, v. t.
• SwingleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To dangle; to wave hanging.
- (v. t.) To beat off the tops of without pulling up the roots; -- said of weeds.
- (v. t.) To clean, as flax, by beating it with a swingle, so as to separate the coarse parts and the woody substance from it; to scutch.
- (n.) A wooden instrument like a large knife, about two feet long, with one thin edge, used for beating and cleaning flax; a scutcher; -- called also swingling knife, swingling staff, and swingling wand.
- (v. i.) To swing for pleasure.