Tabernacled Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TabernacledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Tabernacle
• TabernacleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The ornamental receptacle for the pyx, or for the consecrated elements, whether a part of a building or movable.
- (n.) A niche for the image of a saint, or for any sacred painting or sculpture.
- (n.) A seat or stall in a choir, with its canopy.
- (n.) A tryptich for sacred imagery.
- (v. i.) To dwell or reside for a time; to be temporary housed.
- (n.) A portable structure of wooden framework covered with curtains, which was carried through the wilderness in the Israelitish exodus, as a place of sacrifice and worship.
- (n.) Any small cell, or like place, in which some holy or precious things was deposited or kept.
- (n.) Hence, a work of art of sacred subject, having a partially architectural character, as a solid frame resting on a bracket, or the like.
- (n.) Figuratively: The human body, as the temporary abode of the soul.
- (n.) A slightly built or temporary habitation; especially, a tent.
- (n.) Hence, the Jewish temple; sometimes, any other place for worship.
- (n.) A boxlike step for a mast with the after side open, so that the mast can be lowered to pass under bridges, etc.